How To Embrace Being A Stay At Home Mom
Being a stay at home mom while working from home can be challenging, but it’s also given me an opportunity to find balance between my personal and professional life. I have some tips to help you embrace this lifestyle:
- Create a schedule. The key to balancing work and family is creating a schedule that works for you. Scheduling my work hours around my children’s schedules helps so that I can be there for them when they need me. I try to establish a routine that works for everyone, including time for work, play, meals, and relaxation. Do I still stay up way too late every night? Absolutely, but that is when I can get my relaxation time in, so I do.
- Have a designated workspace. Having a designated workspace helps me stay focused and productive. My office is my literal sanctuary and gives me so much inspiration! Set up a space in your home that’s just for work, whether it’s a separate room or just a desk in a quiet corner. When I’m in my workspace, I treat it as if I’m in an office and avoid distractions.
- Take breaks. It’s important to take breaks throughout the day, both for my physical and mental health. I’ll take a walk outside with Maverick or just take a few minutes to stretch. This helps me recharge and stay focused when I return to work.
- Ask for help. I often ask my husband to take the kids out of the house when I need to film or to entertain them while I am editing in my office. Having a support system can make all the difference. It takes a village!
- Prioritize your tasks. When I have multiple responsibilities, it’s important to me to prioritize my tasks. I make a to-do list each day and prioritize the most important tasks first. This helps me stay focused and ensure that I’m making progress on my work and my family responsibilities.
- Practice self-care. Taking care of yourself is essential to your overall well-being. I try to make time for exercise, hobbies, and activities that I enjoy. This helps me recharge and stay motivated in both my personal and professional life.
- Celebrate small victories. Working from home as a stay at home mom can be a challenge, but it’s also rewarding. I love to celebrate small victories, whether it’s completing a project or getting out to rollerblade with my family at the park. By celebrating these victories, I feel more motivated and fulfilled.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. Balancing work and family is never easy, and there will be times when things don’t go as planned. I try to remember that I am doing the best that I can, and give myself grace.
Basically, being a stay at home mom and working from home can be a challenge, but it’s also an opportunity to find balance and fulfillment in both your personal and professional life. By creating a schedule, having a designated workspace, taking breaks, asking for help, prioritizing your tasks, practicing self-care, celebrating small victories, and giving yourself grace, you can embrace this lifestyle and thrive in both your roles as a Mama and a professional.
I’ll catch up with you soon! Byeee!